Kids Clinics at Dunbar Dental Center
Our “Kids Clinics” were established to celebrate dental health month but because they were so well received we have decided to create a long-term and ongoing program in which these free clinics are offered on a regular basis.
The goal is to introduce young children to the dental environment in a fun and positive way to set them on the path towards optimal dental health. These Kids Clinics serve to reinforce good oral hygiene habits and to bridge the gap between patient and dentist to make dental health knowledge accessible without the intimidation.
Free Kids Clinics will be offered one Monday a month and run for approximately one hour. All daycares, preschools, elementary schools and other organizations are welcome to reserve a time at our office to attend these clinics. Regular or multiple visits are encouraged and are welcome every year. Adults/parents are welcome to attend and questions are encouraged!
What to Expect at a Kids Clinic:
- Introduction to the dental office – meet the friendly dentist and staff
- Review of proper brushing and flossing techniques
- Brushing and flossing activity with our alligator dental aids
- Review of tooth friendly snacks
- Tour of the dental office and what to expect at a dental appointment, showing them commonly used things such as:
- Mouth mirror
- The tooth counting instrument (explorer)
- Our special electric toothbrush and toothpaste (polish)
- Our water sprayer
- Our tooth dryer
- Mr. thirsty (suction)
- Goody bags for the kids that include toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss and educational material will be given out at the end of the session
- Question and answer period with the dentist; adults and kids alike are encouraged to ask questions!
- Provide a fun and low stress event for children to learn about dental health, to meet dental staff and to be introduced to the dental setting
- Prepare children for what to expect at a dental appointment and show them it is not scary. This will make their future appointments less anxiety inducing and easier on both dental staff and parents
- Increase everyone’s dental IQ
- Reinforce good oral hygiene habits that prevent dental disease
- Bridge the gap between dentist and patient and make dental education more accessible
One Monday a month. Please call Cyndi at 604-261-2220 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for dates and to reserve times.
Length of time:
Approximately 1 hour